Thursday, July 17, 2008

Greetings from California!!

Just droppin in to say hello to my boys. I haven't really had a chance to go to the beach more than once so far. Been busy doing some hardcore shopping sprees, Disneyland, spending time with family and friends and now we're taking a road trip to hell but better known in California as Modesto. We're having a sort of family reunion up there which is a perfect place being there's nothing to do other than chill with the family in the heat of the summer sun... I hope we'll stay indoors.

I wouldn't just drop in without leaving my boys some pics, so here they are. I was surfing at a beach called Bolsa Chica (North of Huntington Beach). It's a state beach with shifting sand bars and lots of sting rays. The waves are usually crap here but the good thing is that there is no "Black Ball" (which for you who don't know is a yellow flag with a black spot in the middle that the life guards will put up when there are too many kooks swimming in the water and the risk that someone could get run over by a board becomes great enough for the life guards to be concerned that they might actually have to hop off their tower and get paid for doing their job. So to prevent this, they "Black Ball").

We're expecting a swell this week which is great because I think this upcoming Friday the US Open will begin. Hopefully this will draw all the people to Huntington Beach and leave me with uncrowded waves. I might make some flyers with our blog's address and post it up on the Huntington Pier and maybe pull in a few interested eyes in our direction.




My daughter's first time at a California beach. She'll be a rider for Roxy in a few years.


My brother got a longboard and a short gun for free at a yard sale. Here's me learning how to ride a longboard.

Cruisin

Me giving my brother a few tips



Practicing my "Tank" skills in targeting the speed bumps in the road.



Bottle nose Dolphin heading north. This was a nursery of dolphins. There were a few "kids" with this group that were jumping about 5 feet out of the water which inspired a few of the uncles and aunts to show off their skills with huge twisting aerials and fluke slaps.


Proud father and daughter



"Daddy, look at the dolphins!!!!!!!!!"


More pictures to come. I hope you guys are having a great time. I'll be in touch when I get more surf pics.

Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeeesus jay you're getting fat mate..hahahahahahahahaha da rat

Anonymous said...

Han Solo is a BÖÖÖG hahahahaha..Da Rat..
p.s. we miss ya mate

Anonymous said...

Jay, it looks unreal! Hope you guys have a great time, you look really happy!

Peace brother /Johan

Anonymous said...

Fick äntligen lite surf imorse i GV. Skönt med lite avbrott från alla blöjbyten.

Det var bara chest-high, men nästan helt glassy och sol. Det var till och med mygg i line-up!! Och man såg småspigg (little fish) simma runt fötterna.

Haresåbra!
/dropdeadfred