Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Report from France!

(Johan) Just got back from 18 days of pure heaven! I just love Pays Basque and the rest of France. I´ll make this report short and with only a few photos, mostly because I´m beginning to stoke up for the possibility of a night mission back home here in Sweden tonight!

Anyway, Sofie, the kids and I arrived in Anglet Saturday June 30th. And, as you might have read in an older post, the swell was ON!! I paddled out for an evening surf, and it was gangbusters! Thereafter followed days of morning surf for 2-3 hours, afternoon surf just as long and finally the compulsory night session (mostly performed slightly drunk on wine..) for about an hour. Sofie (the missus) doesn´t really have the patience,(nor do I have a camera good enough), to stand on the beach waiting to take pictures, so the gallery of actual on board surf photos are scarse.

This, however, is my favourite. Me pulling in to an evening beach break tube. (yes I made it..) The rest of the trip was a haze of happiness, and I really got to get aqauinted with my ...Lost fish.




We got in the car to drive back home on Saturday 14th, and we´d been driving for about one and a half hours, when it finally struck me that I might not get surf for a long time again, so, in an act of panic, I asked (yes Ratman, I ASKED) the missus if she thought it´d be ok if we took a detour to Lacanau, so I could get in the water one last time. She said yes (thanks honey) and this is the view that met me in Lacanau.. Beautiful tubes in the sunset! I paddled out and got a handful of fantastic waves, and finally felt at peace with the fact that I was going back home.


I´ve got shitloads more stories, but they´ll be told in the line up, or in the car on the way to surf. Peace bros!

(oh yeah, on our way home we decided to go through downtown paris (thank god for the navigator..) and this is one of the sites we checked out)

1 comment:

Robban said...

Good for you bro´. I´m so jealous..
Maybe next year
Peace