Thursday, May 31, 2007

Surfing again!

(Johan) Finally, after 5 days of work in Stockholm I finally came back to Norrland. There´s been a 4 day swell here, and I´ve missed the surf like crazy...


In Stockholm me and Niklas swung by the NORD boys to check out their headquarters, and of course, to pick up my board. They turned out to be really nice and chilled out guys, who manage to live the dream, which is quite rare here in Sweden. All props to them!

The supposed 6´3 turned out to be a 6´6, which was great, since I wanted a substitute for my broken down old 6´5. I got the 6´5 13
years ago, and it´s been a great board. My quiver now consists of a 7´10 minimal, a 6´10 funboard, a 6´6 shortie, a 6´5 wreck, a 6´2 swallow and the board of my life, my 5´10 fish.
So, back to todays surf trip. I went by my self, since rat had to work, and I couldn´t get anyone else to come.
Halfway there my phone rang. It was dropdeadfred, Rat had mailed him and said I was going, and he was up for an afternoon session. When I arrived at the spot it was big and messy. Fred came along, and we drove up to check another spot. That was also messy.... So we drove back, got suited up and paddled out. The surf was really big, but really messy... I surfed the fish for a while, tried the 6´6 and ended up surfing the malibu. It was good fun although the surf was crap... I might go at it again tomorrow, if I can find the time. Ratman is gonna update us on his trip this tuesday later. Peace.


No comments: