Friday, August 17, 2007

'RATLAND' ..NEW SPOT..Surfed, christened and renamed!!


(Ratman)Having been the first person ever in Swedish history to surf an island up here in Sundsvall I am officially renaming and christening what was once named as 'SHITPOLES' by Johan and I, to.... 'RATLAND'...

It was a bombora with alot of potential..I paddled out into the middle of the ocean to get to it..(about 1km) and surfed it all by myself..It was a bit too small to work properly, being a bombora it needed a bit more swell, but the biggest of the set waves threw out nice a-frame peaks with grunt and I can see great things happening there in the future..while the other spot we surfed last night was waist to head high and slop, this place threw out double overhead with 3 times as much push and really clean conditions..

I know that I was the first ever to surf it because when I paddled back to land an old lady came down on the beach in amazement and was frothing at the fact that I paddled over alone and surfed it..She asked me if I was tired and if I was scared being out there alone ..hahaha...
She said that she had lived in the house on the point for 50 years and never seen anyone surfing there before even though she had seen really big waves breaking there!! When she saw me paddle over she got her binoculars and was sitting on the porch watching me...hahaha...bring on RATLAND...more on last night to come..peace..RAT

12 comments:

Robban said...

Well that´s just worth a shitload of respect and love.
Great job - that´s the things god will remember...

/Rob

Midnight Runners said...

NIce story.. but I think RAT's Crack is a more appropriate name.. haha

Jay

Anonymous said...

Nice story, and really nice that it was really surfable! I vote like Jay, RAT´s crack is a good name...

Anonymous said...

If it's the island in the pic, then you're insane! Haha that's a long paddle out! And that's right through a passage for big boats as well. Jag har sett stora dagar då det varit off-shore-spray att det sett ut som det peelat en fin våg där ute.
/dropdeadfred

Anonymous said...

det var den ön som du pratar om dropdead..och ja, det var en helvetes lång väg att paddla..Jag paddlade från där vi surfade i gvn heeela vägen till ön..på vägen dit trodde jag att jag skulle aldrig komma fram..mot strömmen och svallet (som blev betydligt större ut på havet).På vägen tillbaks paddlade jag direkt mot det närmaste punkt och det tog bara 7 min..det var bara 3 min att går därifrån tillbaks till grabbarna..skulle ha klivit ut och gått över till den stranden i början istället föratt paddla från gvn..dummskalle..haha RAT

Anonymous said...

men, han vill att gam tjärringen skulle shiik på 'an. Rat gillar gam tjärringar. Han säkert såg 'na innan han gick ut och då tänkte 'an "FA'AN! En gamal tant! Nu ska hon ser nåt!" Då när han paddlade tillbaka till 'na, då visade sig upp som en riktigt karl som älskar ensam tjärringar. hahahhaha.. J/K man, you know I love you... Just passin time..

Anonymous said...

skit snack alltihopa...

Anonymous said...

Nice work fellas.

You blokes have given me some semblance of hope. Even though the waves are sh!t, the adventure and stoke is still there.

I'm freaking out because my girl is demanding moving to her home - Helsingborg. As a life-ling Aussie surfer from Cronulla I'm bugged out. But said I would go for a few years.

Seems to be a little windswell in Skane, and a big airport in Copenhagen :p And my 5'8 and 6'0 skeg fishes are packed and waiting to help out.

Guess I will see you blokes next year in the water *creepy shiver*

You crew do trip to canaries and france much?

Anonymous said...

Clif, we get overseas as much as possible mate,there's a great crew of ozzies over here and there's plenty of world class waves close at hand..ireland,portugal,marocco,canaries..all easily accessable at cheap airline prices..you'll get waves over here in sweden mate and you'll love the fact that there isn't what we in oz call a crowd over here in comparison to home..Peace dude..Da Ratman(ex north narra/moved to Byron and then Sweden)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ratman. Much appreciated.

Sussed out the airfares and routes. Looks great.

Easy and affordable access to the places you mention. Just longer between drinks.

Will stay in touch, and nice to hear there's a tight-knit crew.

Some group trips could be on the cards to cut down cost - such as those v.expensive Swedish slabs of beer.

If you need any pictures of Oz let me know haha. Been cooking over here this winter. Narra has been smoking ...

Anonymous said...

Clif my email
grantlotta@hotmail.com
write to me there and I will give you ozzie surf contacts for sweden where you will be moving..Peace mate..hope to meet ya in the future..RATMAN

Anonymous said...

mycket intiresno, tack