Monday, March 10, 2008

Andrew hits it ALONE!!!

Just got an email from one of our reckless crew members Andrew..Seems he did a 'Stealth Mission' yesterday all alone with some amphibious craft in the cold waters of the baltic..here's his email ...hahaha
Andrew.....
"So I went this morning to check my new spot. It was a bitch to find and the waves were worse. I ran about 1km to look around some rocks but there was no surf there either. The waves were at least 2m but there was just nothing surfable no beach just waves breaking on rocks. Then I headed to this little protected bay and thought I would take my boat out and do some real hunting but the dam boat motor wouldn't start. It started twice but died after a few seconds. I thought fuck you boat and I fought with it for at least 30 min trying to pull the hell out of the start cable. Then I dumped a lot of gas out cause I thought there was to much in the tank, maybe it was getting flooded some how. It helped a little but still it would die after a few seconds. The fuel and oil got all over me, my wet suit and every other thing in the boat. Fuck. Then I packed up and headed to our normal spot. I got there around 2pm and thought the swell would have died by then. But to my surprise it was 2m on the sets and some were way bigger than that. I believe the reports under-estimated this one. The shape was not that great but the sun was out and the water was warmer than the reports said so I wasn't cold at all and the wind was minimal. Well it wasn't glassy but it wasn't a hell wind. The point was breaking for a long ways but it was pure mush and would have sucked even on a longboard it was just way way to soft. Middles had the size but the shape wasn't that great. Sectiony, sometimes close outs, sometimes bowly with no shoulder. But hell it was surf and that's not bad. I didn't have time to check any of the new spots but hopefully next time. Seriously the water was cold but I was not colder than the last time we all went out. It is no way to cold to surf in."

That's Andrew's story...attempting to go out alone in 2 deg water with a dodgey motor..You're a legend mate...Love RAT..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rad that you put up the email ratman! I was thinking the exact same thing, but thought I´d wait to see if he got some pics.

Andrew, thats one hard core trip you did! /Johan

Anonymous said...

was, would have, could have, should have..

you're always a step or two behind.