Sunday, October 28, 2007

Great surf today!!!

(Rat) We got probably the biggest surf we have had since Aug last year. It was 8 degs out and 8 in..When we got there it was about chest high and by the time we'd gotten changed and come back it had jumped up at least a metre within 15 mins..We times it perfectly again.It got bigger and bigger..Let's just say it was solid and waaay over head on the sets. I estimate there were some 6 footers sneaking through at times. The bummer is we got very little evidence of it AGAIN due to lack of photo taking (we were all in the water surfing and no-one wanted to go in and take photo's) and a bit of bad luck with the focus on the ones we did get..A real shame 'cause it was crankin' all arvo. Jay got tired and went in a bit earlier and took a few photos but they unfortunately didn't come out very well..There is one of me trying to get around the whitewater, (which I succeeded in doing), that gives an idea of the size of some of the medium ones but there were much bigger and chunkier ones coming through and being ridden by the crew. We were 5 today...Johan (Kojak), Grant (Rat), Jay (Master of the Universe), Andrew (Pinky) and Emil (Smiley). I saw Andrew do a really nice big floater on a closeout section on one, which he pulled off cleanly. I saw Johan take a couple of rights all the way to shore with at full throttle and Emil got a few really nice ones on my '75 hot buttered single fin before returning on Johans 7'10" funboard for a few more. Funny though..although I know Jay caught heaps of waves I didn't get the chance to see even one of his rides..!!





I got some screamers. Got a tube on one and had a few waves where I was able to pull off several slashes and reo's. I even got a full on over the falls wipe out on one..hahaha..Anyway, of the pics we got here are some..




This is what it looked like when we arrived




Ratman coming up for a cup of coffee, surfing my super duper Lost fish... (Johan)
Ratman
Ratman catching up with the tube
Emil cruising in after the session
Emil, happy and surfed out
Me speeding down the line with Ratmans fish
Me getting up
Andrew with his gayest board ever... The surf Betty...
"Why did I get a pink board, WHY?"
Waves
Jay, the mister of all underpants, throwing up his gang sign
Ratman getting out of his suit
Usama bin Laden is alive and well, surfing in Sweden, eating an apple
Emil, Me (Johan), Jay, Julia, Andrew, Ratman and Lisa

We saw that the girls, Julia and Lisa had been surfing on the point and we caught up with them at dark and took a group shot..5 degs out A great fun session and it was fun to have Emil along again..*till tha next time Bloggers..RAT out..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be so great if one of you rainbow flag wavers could get out of the water and take some pictures with me in them surfing. Only picture I get is of me holdin a sack of sammies. I guess I should be thankful I was even included. lol ..!..

-The Master of the Universe

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, Then get in shape, so you don´t have to get up before everyone else.. I´m on my way to get a new camera now, and then I promise to take some pics.. /Johan

Anonymous said...

Done! Got one with 12x zoom, so now we´re set!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween you jackels..

Anonymous said...

jay you should stick to surfing mate!! you'll never be a photog..my dog takes better pics than you and she has paws!!haha RAT