Monday, November 12, 2007

Midnight Runners strike black gold 9/11
















Well we finally did it..we got filthy offshore 6ft tubes in Sweden..Only for about an 1½ hrs because we couldn't leave earlier in the morning because of complete darkness, a raging snowstorm and totally unplowed roads. This meant that we missed about 1½ hrs of perfect untouched 6ft plus surf..not another soul around..Sad but that's life..the 1½ hrs we got was insane though before it dropped off the about 4ft and stayed that way getting more and more inconsistent..After 4hrs we decided
we were surfed out.

the wall shots are taken with zoom from about 100m away

the peak shots are taken without zoom from about 100m away









Jay had to work and Johan had to go to some fancy business dinner and get totally trashed which he did with honours and slept all day..haha.He slept and we got this....







It was SMOKIN' for 4 hrs. Both Andrew and I got tubed a number of times..at last a classic classic surf day.cold as crap but totally alone..who'd be stupid enough to surf in Sweden hey!!?? haha

it was 6 degs in the water and 2 degs out when we got there and full on snowing when we got out
What more can I say but it was great.This pic was of the start of the drive home.Not much snow here but in Östersund it had snowed about 15cms and that's what we had to try to drive thru in the dark..It was worth it..video clip being edited now and we'll pu it out on the blog soon.Peace friends..DA RAT and ANDREW.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's bullshit....

I can't believe I had to miss that sesh..

This is an announcement to any employer out there who is willing to pay me for doing whatever I want, when I want.. I require the minimum of $3,000 a month. If you are interested in employing me, contact me on this blog..

- Jay -

Anonymous said...

hahaha i'm employed to do nothing at all..and that's just what I do..haha..RAT

Anonymous said...

Fasen också!
Såg att det skulle vara bra....
Måste nog uppgradera till en bättre vinterdräkt än min 10 år gamla Billabong 5-4-3.

/dropdeadfred

Anonymous said...

jepp dropdead. bra om du göra det..